25th to 29th of April and 30th will be the presentation dates. We will
have hackbattle 2011 at the end of the year.
The scenario will be two servers Natted to an FW on public IPs, and
two workstations behind the DMZ. The registered guys will have to hack
their way into the network, and collected files, they will be asked
with the right MD5 checksums. The first collector of all checksums,
from both servers and one workstation, will be the winner of the
To register, send email to hackbattle.ke at gmail.com, with your name,
the hacker handle that you will want to use. and the IP range.
The contest is hosted by ihub, so all sponsors will be needed to
contact Bernard Owuor Adongo
me with jgichuki at inbox d0t com. For those who had already asked
about the sponsorship, i will be sending you the information later in
1. Any techi involved with the infrastructure set up will be
disqualified for the contest
2. Every registered techi will be needed to have a full report of his actions
3. Any changes of the file to mess up with the checksum, will be
considered as a disqualification.
4. Any type of DOS will have your IPs blocked
5. Teamwork is allowed, but remember you will have to share the prizes
6. Winners will have to show how they hacked on 30th, in ihub just
before the Ubuntu party.
7. The registration will only be allowed from EAC members.
8. Trying to social engineer moderators will be considered as a cool
9. How to win, hack the infrastructure the fastest
Remember, ANY ACTIONS OUTSIDE OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.