what i do?

Am an Information Risk Consultant and Penetration Tester, i specialize mostly in penetrating secure networks/computer systems where i simulate an organized professional attack against your organization, where after that a detailed report with weakness and exploited vectors are summarized. This will help you gain control over your infrastructures security and maximize your protection.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

LIFE IN INFORMATION SECURITY- PART 1


Information security is one career that a lot of Techis out there have mistaken what it entails a lot. I have seen some people think that because they can run nmap on an MS box they can do VA assessments for an organization. Others think coz they can develop code they can actually hack. Others come straight from college and join a security company, handed in some company questionnaires and shown how to scare clients when they need to do an audit, only to find they are asking for SAM files from a unix admin, LULZ. Am not hating but I think I need to talk about this.

Personally my skill-set is penetration testing, but how I got here was nasty. I started with repairing computers and mobile devices back in 1999/2000, then went into structured cabling, later I was administering domains and huge networks and I had to script code and I ended up indulging into development. As I went on, security became a huge interest and there was no guys in Nairobi I could get advice from, so I had to do research and heavy studies by myself.

With 11 years in this career am still learning new things everyday.

So here are some aspects to those who want to do security at higher level. By higher level I mean, working in those institutions where Security is taken seriously:

a) IT Background, Research and studies
b) Health and fitness
c) Personal Security
d) Patience
e) Independence
f) Intelligence
g) Confidentiality

As days go by, I will write on these aspects above.

With all regards,

./Chucks

No comments: